Dedicated to the former Brownie herself. Someone brought me this after I had Jane. I made it for my next door neighbors one Christmas and she said her visiting dad got up in the middle of the night to sneak some more out of the fridge.
Brownie Goody Bars
1 pkg (1 lb. 3.8 oz) Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix
1/4 c. water
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 tub cream cheese frosting
3/4 c. salted peanuts coarsely chopped
3 c. crisp rice cereal
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1 bag (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees, Grease 13x9x2 pan.
2) Blend brownie mix with water, oil and eggs. Spread in pan.
3) Bake 28-30 minutes or till prick comes out clean. Cool completely.
4) Frost with frosting. Sprinkle with peanuts. Refrigerate.
5) Measure cereal into large bowl. Melt peanut butter and chocolate chips. Stir constantly. Pour over cereal, stir to coat evenly. Spread over frosted brownies.
Refrigerate and cut.
Approximately 20 brownies
4 hours ago