1 hour ago
Thursday, January 13, 2011
An amazing survival story of a POW. The best part was he was spared for an eternal purpose.
God still brings hardened people to himself and the testimony to His work is a joy to read.
Perspective. Maybe I'll be slower to whine when my fingers ache and my shins are bruised. I have my arms and legs! Nick's attitude, accomplishments and lessons learned are inspiring.
Snell's cutting wit and humor make his childhood adventures as a MK intoxicatingly funny. There are two sequels that carry you further into the jungles of Peru.
Fiction that deals with life's hardness, depression and unforgiveness in a compelling parable-like way. Scripture is beautifully entwined in the heroine's thought process as she comes to understand God's character.
Wednesday, January 05, 2011
2 weeks old in Proud Papa's hands. Alex was born six weeks early and barely five pounds. His legs were little sticks and his skin was wrinkly from lack of fat.
11 Things I love about Alex
11. He helps me dry pots and pans without me asking.
10. He listens attentively.
9. He is a guardian to his sisters and best buddy to his brother.
8. He is a super bug killer.
7. He desires to do what is right.
6. He is hardworking.
5. He knows if Boba Fett wears shoes and what color they are.
4. He assists me with math calculations.
3. He is blessed with ideas.
2. He is tender to the persecuted.
1. He is my ladder lifter and furniture mover.
On a Sunday 11 years ago Alex was born. And as the nursery rhyme goes Sunday's child is full of grace. My young man is indeed growing in grace and love for his Lord.