Monday, July 15, 2013

The Sleepless God

Psalm 121:3  "...He who watches over you will not slumber."

A few weeks ago I woke up around 4 in the morning feeling the urgency to pray for a family in our medical community.  That day their one year old son had passed away unexpectedly.  I have never met the family, but Ben works with the father. 

Yesterday, a friend from church gave me a call and told me the rest of the story.   Through her connection at the hospital, she had heard the news the same day I did, but not from me.  We hadn't talked and haven't seen each other in a few weeks.  But that same night I woke up, she woke up at 3:40am with the same sense of urgency to pray for this family.   However, she also felt like she was suppose to call our house so that we could join her in praying for them.   Looking at the clock, she decided that there was no way she was going to wake us up. Little did she know that God had woken me up too.   In two separate house across town, the God of All Peace and Comfort was uttering words over this bereaved family through two women in the wee hours of the morning. 

And when this father went back to work, he sought out my friend and lightly touched her arm, as only one who has been sustained by God can, and said, "God bless you."

When God wakes you up, you get to be part of his unsleeping story. 


1 comment:

M & M said...

Wow---wonderful to hear God at work! I am sorry for the family but know the encouragement of believers praying will not go in vain.