Thursday, April 03, 2014

What the Plumber Left Behind


There are some days that the weight of the world settles on your shoulders and what you really need is a plumber to come to your house and leave behind something.  Let's just say... a pen.

It was no ordinary pen.  True, it couldn't write sonnets by itself or compose poems, but in laying on my counter it held a mighty message. 

As I looked closely, I couldn't believe what it said.  No, the pen didn't audibly speak, but it might have well had.  For in capital letters down the shaft of the pen, it said, "TRUST IN GOD."  It was like a super sonic suction pulled all the weight off my shoulders and put it back on God's.

It could be said I learned that the pen is mightier than the plumber's wrench that day. 

But I would rather you know that God delights in using that which the plumber forgets to remind us of Truth that shouldn't be forgotten.  God is in control and He is trustworthy.  

No comments: