Sunday, July 27, 2014

Gospel Shoes

 This summer the kids and I undertook to trace and cut shoes from old blue jeans.  We partnered with Sole Hope.  The shoes will be sent to Uganda to create employment for widows.  They assemble them for a fair wage and then the shoes are given to kids that have none.   Why are closed shoes so important?  Well, just watch this.



And here is the story that founded Sole Hope.




 
All you need is...
willingness
blue jeans
milk jugs
safety pins
scissors
markers
zip lock bags

 
While busy being a shoemaker's elf, my eight year old daughter so sweetly said, "I will never grow tired as long as I know I am helping someone." May that spur you on to cut some gospel shoes as well. Without the cost of a plane ticket, your faith can walk on a different continent.

No comments: