Saturday, July 18, 2015

Riches from Afar (part 2)




 
The days went by and our case was not rescheduled.  I was longing for the day that our lives, condensed on paper, would plead before the board in the Philippines, "Approve us!  Make these precious children orphans no longer."  As I waited I continued reading in Isaiah.  When I reached chapter 49, verse 22 and 23 stood out to me.  Here again:

 

"This is what the Sovereign Lord says: 'See, I will beckon to the nations, I will lift up my banner to the peoples; they will bring your sons in their arms and carry your daughters on their shoulders.   Kings will be your foster fathers, and their queens your nursing mothers...Then you will know that I am the Lord; those who hope in me will not be disappointed.'"

 

I thought of the grace of Jesus to repeat words to my doubting heart.  I already had one son from the east who had a king for a foster father and a queen that nursed him, but I was sure the verse was there for what God was still going to bring to pass.  Out of the nations God calls children into his eternal family.  My precious Father adopts recklessly, because he adopts out of the richness of his mercy, but also through the willing poverty of his Son.  What can I add?  So let it be said, so let it be done.  Make us like unto you,  dear Father.   Thus we wait a bit longer.

 

No comments: