Monday, July 06, 2015

The Beautiful Mess

 As we made a quick jaunt to one of my favorite stores to buy a gallon of blue paint, the moon was already high in the dusky sky.   It was just Teddy and me.  Teddy said, "Look at the small states."  With English still only a year and a half spoken, I wasn't sure what he was talking about.  He told me to look again and I tried to figure out to where these small states were.  For my clarification he added, "Look at the small states like California and Idaho."  Now I was really confused.  Next Teddy pointed out the obvious outlines of the western states on the moon.  How could I argue with his discovery.  Then he matter-of-factly told me the states looked kind of messy.  His moon talk completely enchanted me, and I learned that even the surface of the moon is a beautiful mess to those who are not persnickety about geography.





No comments: