Sunday, July 19, 2015

Riches from Afar (part 3)


 
A few days ago I received word that again our case was scheduled for review.  I had just finished reading Isaiah, and for the third time a scripture leapt from the page into my heart.  Isaiah 60:4-5

 

"Lift up your eyes and look about you:  All assemble and come to you; your sons come from afar, and your daughters are carried on the arm.  Then you will look and be radiant, your heart will throb and swell with joy; the wealth on the seas will be brought to you, to you the riches of the nations will come."

 

At three in the morning as one mother could not sleep, she prayed for her daughter's family.   To know that God cares deeply about details and only God makes genuine families, the email from the Philippines that approved our adoption was time-stamped at 3:15 am.  Therefore, it is with great delight I announce we are gaining riches from afar, a son and a daughter.  They are coming home in the near future. 

 

As I've poured out my heart to Jesus during this process, I know that He speaks to the unworthy.  He delights to turn the unqualified into parents of nations, and He births the craziest ideas in His people.  We get to live His magnificent adventure and be blessed by his very own hand with the riches of the nations.  Some argue that adoption bankrupts you, your husband will never be able to retire, and you are fools asking for trouble.   Let it be known when you are part of God's distribution, an impoverished spirit is impossible.   I'm humbled that the Richest Man in the World has bestowed more wealth on our lives.  Sweet daughter and son, who am I that the Lord would look on me with such favor to make me your mother? 

 

1 comment:

gwen said...

It is so hard to believe that I am "worthy" of Gods favor to be blessed with 9 grandchildren...feeling very blessed