Thursday, December 28, 2006

Cement and Jeans

Today it wasn't raining and it wasn't snowing. We took advantage of the balmy 40 degree weather and headed for the bike trails for a winter walk. Alex and Fritz rode their bikes, and Emily and Jane rode in the stroller.



We had gone a mile and a half and I got a "brilliant" notion to race Alex. He easily beat me, but I foolishly persisted. I actually pulled ahead of him at the start, but it would have been better to have remained behind. He clipped my legs with his bike and I took quite a spill. My jeans now look more expensive with a wear hole and my hands are still stinging. I was thankful Ben was with us to dust me off. Fritz immediately prayed for Jesus to heal my hurts. And I am very thankful I could walk the next mile and a half back to the car. On the way back we saw a deer about three feet away. It was the closest I've ever been to one. The deer stared at us for what seemed to be an eternity and then it crossed the bike path. If Alex had clipped the deer instead, it would been a bizarre story and mighty akward. What would you do with an injured deer?







Fritz's velveteen rabbit needs nourishment.





Jane pondering why the baby doesn't finish her bottle.











Emily enjoying the fresh air.





Oblivious to the bow on her head, because she plans to eat the paper. She is salivating at the mouth.

No comments: