Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Vengence of the Squirrels

Sadly, yesterday Ben found another hole in the attic that our pesky creatures have claimed their's. Once again, I watched Ben climb the 20 foot ladder while holding screws, a drill and flashing. And for the second time the ground was slick with snow. The ladder wobbled enough that it made me nervous...and I decided I would prefer to hear a fall than watch a fall. Regardless of the ladder being short for the job, Ben managed once again to patch our house. I feel like a mix between the witch in Hansel and Gretal, "Nibble, nibble, nibble who gnaws my house to rubbble." and the dodo from Alice in Wonderland who says, "We'll smoke the monster out." In this case, I have concluded there are multiple monsters. Right now, I am blasting them with the radio. I hope they hate talk radio and pack their bags, but I fear they will leave reluctantly since it will be in the teens this week.

1 comment:

WigintonFamily said...

i thought you were going to say you decided to go out and hold the ladder for him. you crack me up.