Saturday, March 31, 2007

George and Frederick



Alex has been begging me for a George Washington uniform. His persistence paid off and we went to the thrift store with .99 cent clothes. I found a blue blazer with gold stripes at the cuff and great shiny buttons and a buff colored vest with pearl buttons. Since the blazer is so long on him, it looks much like a colonial frock coat. I couldn't have thought up the damask vest, but when I saw it I knew that his uniform would be complete when he donned a cravat and his tricornered hat. We also found a black pleather vest with silver buttons which looks like a blacksmith's apron. Now General Washington can get his trusty aide Frederick to forge shoes for his horse while he is waiting to attack the British.


1 comment:

WigintonFamily said...

i love the costumes!! you are so clever. it looks so nice and expensive. he needs a horse now.