Friday, March 02, 2007

The Itch

With weather like this...I've got the itch to paint probably because it has been snowing most of the morning. And it doesn't look like it will stop anytime soon.

Tonight
Periods of snow. Areas of blowing snow...especially this evening. Snow accumulation 2 to 4 inches. Lows in the mid 20s. Southwest winds 15 to 25 mph...with gusts to 35 mph this evening. Chance of snow 90 percent.
Saturday
Numerous snow showers. Snow accumulation 1 to 3 inches. Highs in the lower 30s. West winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.








My project list includes a desk I salvaged from a neighbor's trash, a wood mirror that could be spruced up and beds in dire need of more charm. I just love painting projects. One of my favorite sites for inspiration is http://www.paintedfurniture.com/products/index.htm. Jane Keltner's creations are beautiful and so varied. This is the uninspiring desk that needs a face lift ( also some woodworking for the damaged front piece). I will attempt to trace the foot and cut a new one with the jigsaw. I hope my fingers remain intact.






The dresser below once resembled the desk. Last winter I painted it. When I start painting I had such a hard time putting my brush down. Anytime I passed the dresser I wanted to add something else. I approach jigsaw puzzles much the same way. If I start one I just want to find that "one last piece"...hours later when the hunger pains have set in...I eat hastily and plop back down to find that one last piece. Fritz is my puzzle companion. He notices the shapes before the colors. And Emily is eager to help too. Because Jane puts everything in her mouth, we have to be very careful of dropped pieces. She might end up hospitalized like Curious George. If you are having a hard time following my train of thought, your homework is to read Curious George Goes to the Hospital.















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! The top photo brought back memories of your Galveston home!
Ok, you have to share your secret to finding time for arts and crafts with 4 children running around. That has been a challenge for me...I am SO far behind on scrapbooking that the thought of refinishing a piece of furniture is almost beyond reason!